MCEC Offers Financing Solutions for Residential, Commercial, and Institutional Clean Energy Investments
Your Partner in Saving Energy and $
MCEC is a public instrumentally of the State of Maryland and was established to assist consumers with information about clean energy technologies, energy efficiency, and lowering your power bills.
MCEC can help consumers choose a suitable contractor for home energy efficiency improvements.
MCEC can also connect consumers with lenders in order to finance certain home efficiency improvement projects through the MHELP Program.
Access to $ for Home Energy Improvements
The Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) partners with the Maryland Clean Energy Center (MCEC), along with support from the U.S. Department of Energy, to administer the Maryland Home Energy Loan Program (MHELP) an energy efficiency financing initiative for Maryland property owners.
Sample project scopes include:
- Insulation for: whole house air sealing, attics, crawl spaces, rim joist, basements, walls, attic baffles, crawlspace, vapor barriers, attic tents, foundation walls.
- Duct sealing
- Equipment replacement: water heaters, boilers, furnaces, HVAC, heat pumps.
- Repairs: repairs required to install energy measures or to correct health and safety issues.This would include repairing a hole needed to apply energy efficiency improvements.
- Chimney energy improvements to include chimney caps.
- Weather stripping: exterior windows and doors.
- Energy Monitoring equipment: hardware and software that allows homeowners to monitor their energy usage while away from home.
Window and door replacement, Solar PV, geothermal and appliances are not covered under the MHELP program.
MCEC is a public instrumentally of the State of Maryland is willing to partner with Private business entities to assist in the deployment of large scale clean energy technologies.
MCEC can own project assets in partnership with Private business entities to achieve favorable project economics.
MCEC can connect Private business entities with market participants to facilitate the deployment of clean energy technologies.
Access to Capital
MCEC as an issuer of tax-exempt debt can often provide access to low cost capital for projects that have the ability to service debt repayment.
MCEC assists Non-Profit businesses and other select For-Profit business access project financing on a tax-exempt basis.
MCEC can assist in connecting your project to the appropriate lending institutions.
MCEC serves projects with a minimum size of $1,500,000.
Sample project scopes include:
- Energy Efficiency Measures
- Energy Resiliency Measures
- Mechanical Equipment Upgrades
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
- Renewable Energy Production (Solar, Wind, Bio)
- Micro Grid
- Islanded Generation
To get more details on financing your project, go to the MCEC Loan Programs page, or contact Wyatt Shiflett, Director of Finance Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MCEC does not directly loan, grant or invest funds in projects. For resources on additional State and Federal financial incentive click here.